When selecting a headstone or memorial, you have several choices for materials. Why use bronze markers in Walterboro, SC? This style is a good choice because bronze markers offer several benefits.
Consider the following advantages of choosing bronze markers in Walterboro, SC as you select a headstone or memorial. For more insight into your options, contact the knowledgeable professionals at Steedley Monument Works:
- Custom details: You can easily customize bronze markers in Walterboro, SC. These markers typically feature removeable plates or plaques that allow you to add birth and death dates as needed. You can also customize the look to include any other text or design you desire. Bronze is easy to carve, so your design can include complex features and fonts to create an attractive memorial.
- Personal diversity: The customizability of bronze markers in Walterboro, SC allows for great diversity with these markers. The marker is typically a flat plate that is attached to a granite marker. You can use a bronze marker for a single grave or multiple graves. You can add raised elements to create a design that incorporates imagery that is meaningful to the deceased or your family. You can also choose from a variety of styles, shapes and colors for your marker.
- Simple maintenance: Bronze markers in Walterboro, SC are easy to maintain. They include a protective coating that helps maintain a sharp finish. Caring for these markers requires a clean, dry cloth and distilled water. You can also use a soft bristle brush to remove debris, or a toothbrush also works well. If you use soap, be sure to choose a non-ionic type to protect the material.
- Durable material: Bronze is a durable metal that can withstand extreme temperatures and weather conditions. It resists metal fatigue, making it more durable than other metals. It also resists corrosion and remains sturdy and attractive season after season.
- Sophisticated elegance: Bronze markers in Walterboro, SC offer an elegant appearance. Even after it develops a patina, bronze looks sophisticated. This attractive, timeless finish is the reason why many people use bronze markers in Walterboro, SC and why this material is used for other products, such as coins and hardware. A bronze marker will provide a classic look for generations to come.
- Refining process: Bronze markers in Walterboro, SC are crafted with a refining process that makes them durable and attractive. The material is composed of copper and tin, as well as trace amounts of zinc and lead. The metal is heated in a crucible at temperatures around 2000 degrees, then poured into a mold. Imperfections are removed through grinding and shaping. Finally, the craftsman applies multiple coats to the plaque and rubs the bronze to expose the design features for a sculpted, attractive finish.
Choose your bronze marker
For quality bronze markers in Walterboro, SC, contact the professionals at Steedley Monument Works. Since 1968, we’ve been the area’s premier monument maker. As a third-generation family owned and operated company, we strive to deliver personalized services at a fair price. Reach out to us today to learn more.