Why Choose Granite Mausoleums in Walterboro, SC? Mausoleums provide an above-ground and enclosed resting place for loved ones who have passed away. These structures typically include multiple chambers for members of the same family, and are crafted from durable materials that can last for centuries. These handmade structures usually feature beautiful designs that pay tribute to the memory of the departed and can be placed within a cemetery or on a family-owned property.
The following are several reasons why families choose granite mausoleums in Walterboro, SC:
- Give loved ones a beautiful visiting place: Mausoleums provide surviving family members with a welcoming and consoling place to remember their loved ones. Some mausoleums even allow for family to enter into the building and may provide a bench for added comfort. Granite mausoleums offer a stunning and fully customizable structure that can withstand the elements and the passing of time. Those who invest in a mausoleum can be confident that generations of visitors will have a beautiful place to reflect when honoring the memory of a loved one.
- Have a resting place above ground: Unlike with headstones and markers, burials involving granite mausoleums in Walterboro, SC take place entirely above ground. For some, an above-ground burial is preferable as it provides family with a tangible resting place to visit and exists among those whom you loved. Additionally, because mausoleums are built above ground, they allow for multiple family members to be laid to rest together. Having family members in the same resting place be comforting for all parties involved.
- Feel confident in the durability of the stone: Granite stone is exceptionally durable. As one of the strongest materials available, this stone is ideal for withstanding harsh elements and years of time. Granite is incredibly resistant to scratches, fading and chipping, unlike marble and limestone options. While other stone types will show wear over time, granite ensures that the beauty and integrity of your mausoleum will be preserved for years to come.
- Rest peacefully with family: When a mausoleum is built, the structure typically includes multiple chambers so that family members can be buried together. This means that surviving loved ones can easily visit multiple departed family members at once. Many people choose this burial option because they find comfort in the fact that they will be laid to rest near their loved ones. Additionally, mausoleums can eliminate the stress involved in searching for multiple burial locations that are near family.
- Reduce the burden of upkeep: Mausoleums do not require extensive upkeep to maintain their beauty. In fact, because granite is so durable, mausoleums can go for extended periods of time without significant maintenance. For many, the self-maintaining qualities of mausoleums present a welcomed relief from trimming around headstones and markers.
If you think a mausoleum may be an ideal resting place for you and your family, it is important to work with a an experienced professional who can help you create a structure that matches your needs. For more information on granite mausoleums in Walterboro, SC contact the skilled experts at Steedley Monument Works today.